The IPF National Shield Club competition 2012 will be held on Sunday 11 November and will be hosted by SatSun Camera Club and held in Ballyfermot Civic Centre. More details and the full program for the day will be posted closer to the date. The Entry form & rules are available on the links below:
Despite rumours, LIPF members cannot participate in the national shield. The formal definition of an intemediate photographer:
Photographers who come under any of the following categories will not be deemed to be Intermediate workers:
Persons who have
(a) Received IPF or similar ie. FIAP, PSA, RPS or any other distinctions;
(b) Been awarded more than one IPF medal in IPF national competitions;
(c) Whose image(s) have represented the IPF in international competitions;
(d) Received acceptances with more than two image titles in international exhibitions/salons.
(e) Persons whose club considers them to be of advanced standard in any discipline of photography (eg. Monochrome, Colour Print, Projected Image, AV etc.). Photographers who, in the opinion of the Federation, are of advanced standard
A couple of points worth highlighting:
- Each panel is composed of 8 images. A club can also nominate 2 additional images to substitute in case of a dispute relating to an image on a panel.
- No more than one image per photographer is allowed in each panel. The interpretation of this is that a photographer can have one image in the Mono panel and one in the Colour panel.
- Entry forms
- Entry forms must be completed digitally and emailed to the event coordinator, unless otherwise agreed with the event coordinator.
- Payment may be paid by PayPal via the IPF website http://irishphoto.ie or by cheque only. For administrative purposes, PayPal is preferred. PayPal can be used with a credit card.
- Contact Sheets –
- Entries to the competition must include a digitally composed contact sheet (i.e. not a photograph of prints) per panel being submitted.
- Contact sheets must be 2048 pixels in width, 72 DPI and in jpeg format only. Contact sheets should not include any text or watermarks.
- Contact sheets must be emailed along with entry forms to the event coordinator unless otherwise agreed with the event coordinator.
- Panel images –
- Digital copies of all images for panels must be submitted by email or on CD to the event coordinator, unless otherwise agreed with the event coordinator.
- Images must be at least 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 DPI and in jpeg format only.
- Images must not include any watermarks or text.
- The event coordinator must receive submission of entry form, contact sheets, images and payment by the 21st of October at the latest.
- Due to the difficulties of putting together panels for external and international competitions, the IPF Council has decided that the top images from all future IPF Competitions will be retained for possible selection. Photographers who do not want their work to be considered for selection will be given the opportunity to opt out of this.
Please note that smaller clubs can apply for an exemption to the one photographer rule.
Completed entry forms, queries, requests for exemptions and thumbnails can be emailed to Darragh Sherwin, or by post:
109 Killarney Heights,
Phone: 087 120 4654
Closing date for reciept of entries is October 21st 2012
Payment should be made on or before the closing date and can be via Check, postal order or bank draft to Darragh at the address above, alternatively, payment can be made by paypal using the button below. Please choose one or two sections and include your club name to assist tracking: