1. What events allow me to collect FIAP acceptances?
The ONLY events that FIAP acceptances are awarded for are International Salons that receive FIAP Patronage (have a FIAP number eg 2012/123 – see FIAP website for a comprehensive list of salons, including historical listings back to 1979). No other events will be recognised for FIAP acceptances.
2. Does the same Salon but in a different year count as 1 or 2 Salons?
They count as 2 salons. If you enter, say Cork International in 2016, and then again in 2017 and are lucky enough to get acceptances in both, then they both count towards your number of Salons target.
3. How much does my first Distinction application cost?
Each application for a FIAP distinction costs €70. The IPF also have an administration fee of €5 (covers postage etc.) Before you apply for your first distinction (the AFIAP) you have to also apply for a FIAP life card. This costs €70 and is done via the FIAP website. See separate information on the FIAP Distinctions page.
4. How much does and MFIAP application cost ?
The MFIAP applications costs €155 (including €35 administration fee to cover costs, postage etc.)
5. Do I have to send anything directly to FIAP?
With the exception of the FIAP Life Card you send everything by email to the FIAP liaison officer. You can contact the Liaison Officer via our contact page. As outlined in FAQ 3 applications for the Life Card are via the FIAP website.
6. For how long do I need to participate in FIAP salons before I can apply for an AFIAP distinction? The applicant must have taken part in FIAP approved salons for at least 1 year.
7. Once I have obtained AFIAP, when can I apply for EFIAP?
The applicant for EFIAP must be a holder of the AFIAP for at least 1 year
8. Are my acceptances and awards cumulative for the EFIAP Levels (Bronze to Platinum)?
Under the revised regulations – issued in December 2015 and effective from 01 January 2016 – the count of acceptances and awards is reset to zero once you have been awarded the EFIAP distinction and you start counting again.
9. What is the FIAP-Code on the application form?
Enter 372 as the code and The Irish Photographic Federation as the organisation
10. In what format do I need to send my submitted images?
The images you submit to FIAP for your distinction must be sized as 3600 pixels on the longest side and saved as a high quality JPEG (level 10 – 12).
Each image must be named as 372_Forename_SURNAME_title of image.JPG.
These are then to be forwarded by email to the FIAP Liaison Officer along with your application forms.
11. Can all my images be from projected images entries or do I have to have print acceptances as well?
Under current regulations, for AFIAP 4 print acceptances are required and for EFIAP 12 print acceptances are required – all to have been obtained in ‘Print’ salons. These acceptances must be for prints, not projected images, though you are also allowed to have projected image acceptances with the same image.
12. What acceptances do I need for 2016 and onwards applications?
FIAP have revised their requirements for acceptances for ALL FIAP distinctions. These revised requirements were issued in December 2015 and are effective from 01 January 2016 onwards.
FIAP Requirements – effective 01 Jan 2016
|Distinction||No of Acceptances||No of Images||No of Salons||No of Countries||No of Awards||No of Prints||No of submitted works|
|AFIAP||40||15||15||8||Not applicable||4 different works – each with at least one acceptance in print salons||5 – all must have at least 3 acceptances|
|EFIAP||250||50||30||20||2 works must have obtained awards in 2 countries||12 different works – each with at least one acceptance in print salons||5 – all must have at least 3 acceptances|
|EFIAP/b||200||50||5||4 works awarded in 4 different countries and different salons|
|EFIAP/s||300||100||10||5 works awarded in 5 different countries and different salons|
|EFIAP/g||500||150||15||6 works awarded in 6 different countries and different salons|
|EFIAP/p||700||250||20||7 works awarded in 7 different countries and different salons|
FIAP have instituted 3 further levels. After the date of being awarded the EFIAP/p distinction or 01 January 2015, whichever is the later, the applicant must have obtained:
|Distinction||No of Awards||No of Images||No of Countries||No of submitted works|
|EFIAP/d1||50||15||5||5 works awarded in 5 different countries and salons|
|EFIAP/d2||100||30||7||6 works awarded in 6 different countries and salons|
|EFIAP/d3||200||50||10||7 works awarded in 7 different countries and salons|
- For AFIAP distinctions a minimum of 4 acceptances must be for prints.
- For EFIAP distinctions a minimum of 12 acceptances must be for prints.
- Awards must be in different countries as stated and also in different salons.
- For AFIAP and EFIAP each submitted work must have at least 3 acceptances.
- For EFIAP levels, each submitted work must be an awarded image with no country repeated in the submitted images.
- It is important to ensure that any image submitted is different to and does not resemble any other submitted image.
Please read through the FIAP document (number 011/2016 – available on the IPF Website) which gives the regulations and ensure that you understand all. These notes/FAQs are to help you in understanding the requirements.