Closing Date for Entries
Closing date for entries will be midnight on Sunday, the 11th of May. Entry forms and rules are available on the website for download. Please note some changes to rules this year.
There several small rule changes for this year, they are
- Each club is required to submit digital versions of all images (2400 pixels on the longest side) entered in each panel in the competition in addition to the regular requirements – see rules for full details.
- Completed forms together with contact sheets and digital images should be emailed to the event coordinator (details below), alternatively CDs can be posted to the Event Coordinator use sizegenetics now but must be received before the closing date.
- No paper versions should be sent unless agreed with the Event Coordinator, only electronic versions will be deemed as part of the clubs entry.
- All mounts must be capable of staying in place for the duration of the competition. Where mounts do not adhere they may be removed from the display board and may not be judged, at the organisers discretion.(It is highly recommend that all clubs bring a large can of 3M Spray Mount or similar and at least 10 metres of sticky-backed Velcro which is available from all good fabric stores like Hickeys)
- Prints may not be removed from display boards until after the conclusion of the award ceremony and only when cleared by the Event Coordinator.
- All winning panels and all medal winning images will be retained by National Council for selection in international competitions.
- A copy of any gold medal winning images will be required to be submitted to the Archive Officer.
- All panels displayed on Saturday will be collected by the Event Coordinator so that the winning panels can be retained. Failure to submit a panel may result in scores for the panel not being counted.
The entry fee has been increased to €50 per club (for 1 or 2 panels) to cover increased overheads in running the National Club Championship. Payment of entry fees can by made below by Paypal, alternatively, the fee can be paid by cheque, cheques should be made payable to Irish Photographic Federation.
Darragh Sherwin (Tallaght Photographic Society) Email address: email@example.com Phone number: (087) 120 4654
This years judges will be :
- Dianne Owens FRPS of Chorley Photographic Society
- Richard Speirs APAGB DPAGB BPE2 of Morton Photographic Society
- Barry Mead FRPS, EFIAP/p, MPAGB of Bristol Photographic Society
Download rules and entry forms:
National Club Championship 2014 Entry Form
Contact Sheet Tutorials
For Lightroom http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-lightroom-4/creating-a-contact-sheet/
For Photoshop CS5 http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WS42C3020A-DAD1-4f92-8014-012263F3A51D.html
For Aperature http://www.askdavetaylor.com/produce_proof_contact_sheet_pdf_with_mac_aperture.html
Full details of the programme are available at http://irishphoto.ie/index.php/competitions/national-club-championship-2014/