We are very pleased to announce that the next distinction assessment will return to the pre-Covid format in front of an audience. It will take place in Dunamaise Arts Centre, Portlaoise, on Saturday 17th September, assessing Licentiate, Associate, and Fellowship panels.
The IPF website will be open for applications from Saturday 19th June to Monday 22nd August. Anyone who has already made an application for a print assessment will be prioritized in the assessment lists.
Over the past few years, Covid has seriously interrupted our photographic activities and we are not in a position to predict how many applications will be received for September. Use of the venue (indeed any venue) puts limitations on just how many panels can be fairly assessed in one sitting. Accordingly, we will determine quotas for the different distinction levels. Nevertheless, please send in your applications. Any applications received after quotas have been filled will be prioritised for the November sitting.
Requirements for September, and later: While we are returning to assessing panels presented as mounted prints, we are retaining the requirement that all applicants must submit digital copies of their images at least 14 days before the sitting, initially 3rd September.
- DIGITAL images will be submitted via We Transfer to email@example.com, including a digital image of the “hanging plan”. All images, including the hanging plan, must be Jpeg, and measure 2400px on the longest side.
- The hanging plan should not show the author’s name or the image titles, but the images on the plan should be numbered to match the images themselves.
- The image file name should not include the author’s name or the image title, but should only be numbered 01 etc., with the “hanging plan” having the last number.
- Associate and Fellowship applicants should include a digital version of the Statement of Intent.
- Mounted prints must be brought to the venue on 17th September, between 9.00am and 9.30am. Maximum mount size will be 40cm x 50cm. Associate and Fellowship applicants, please enclose your Statement of Intent with the prints, even though we will already have a digital version of this.
- Prints will be returned their authors to take away at the end of the sitting.
The September sitting will be our first in front of an audience in over two years. This will take place under whatever Covid-prevention procedures are required at that time. Everyone’s co-operation with this will be very much appreciated.