The Irish Photographic Federation will host the National Club Finals 2022 via Zoom on Saturday, May 21st.
Please see below information and link how to register your clubs interest in the event. Following the completion of registration and fee paid to take part, you will receive further information on how and when you can upload your images. On a separate note I will need you to forward me a PDF / JPEG of the layout of both your club’s colour and monochrome panels.
Irish Photographic Federation
National Club Championships.
1. The National Club Championship is an inter-club competition open to all clubs in good standing with the Federation.
2. All clubs affiliated to the Federation are eligible to enter, i.e. there are no regional qualifying competitions.
2. Conditions of Entry
1. To compete, a club submits a panel of 10 monochrome digital images and a panel of 10 colour digital images. Clubs may also include two additional images per panel to act as substitutes for disqualified images.
2. The overall award (Sean Casey Memorial Trophy) will be awarded to the club with the highest combined monochrome and colour panel scores. Clubs that choose to enter only one panel will not be eligible to win the overall award.
3. All photographs shown on a panel must be the work of registered members of the competing club.
4. A person may not represent more than one club in the IPF, or in NIPA, in any one year.
5. A maximum of two images from an individual may appear on a panel.
6. All images used in the competition shall be the original work of the author. Where the Federation requests proof of authorship that proof shall be provided without delay.
7. Images used in previous National Club Championship are not eligible.
8. Scoring in the competition shall be on the basis of the official score sheet. Each judge will score independently. Results shall be based on the aggregate scores given by all judges to each competing panel.
9. The judges’ decision shall be final.
3. Submission of Entries
a. Please click on the following link to register to enter the competition https://irishphoto.wufoo.com/forms/k1eebb1n0bsfoze/
b. On receipt of the completed Entry Form and payment, the club will receive an email from the Co-ordinator with an invite for each club advising how your images must be uploaded.
c. There will be an entry fee of €60.00 per club.
d. Payment will form part of the online Entry Form process and can be by PayPal or Bank Transfer. The IPF IBAN will be included in the acknowledgement email, which will follow the completion of the Entry Form.
e. All payments by Bank Transfer should use your Club Name as the reference.
f. Images for projected panels should be resized to 1600 pixels on the longest edge, jpg quality 10.
g. The IPF reserves the right to publish any image entered in the National Club Championships, with due acknowledgement and without payment of a fee, for the purposes of promoting the event and the IPF. This includes, but is not limited to, use on the IPF website. The copyright of all such images remains with their respective authors.
h. Closing date for entries is Midnight Friday 6th May 2022.
Results will be presented on Zoom on Saturday, May 21st 2022
The Conduct of the National Club Championship
1. The National Club Championship shall take place under the supervision of the Event Coordinator, or other official appointed by the National Council, and who shall act as the Official Referee.
2. Judges appointed by the National Council shall adjudicate the National Club Championship. The judges for this year’s Club Championships are:
- Richard Spiers DPAGB, APAGB, BPE2,
- Gwen Charnock, FRPS, MFIAP, and
- Carol McNiven Young, FRPS, EFIAP, CPAGP
3. The judges’ decision is final and no discussion of that decision shall be entered into.
4. It is not permissible to publicly dispute the judges’ decision or comment at any time during the National Club Championship, up to and including the award ceremony. Breach of this rule by a member of a club may lead to disqualification of that club’s entry.
5. The results of the National Club Championship will be announced via Zoom.
6. Entry into the competition shall be deemed to be acceptance of the rules of the
7. All entries must conform to the current specification as defined by FIAP in each category.
1. The IPF reserves the right to publish any image entered in the National Club Championship, without payment of a fee. Copyright of all images remains with the respective authors.
2. The National Council’s decision in all matters relating to the National Club Championship shall be final.
3. Where any Club considers that a person or Club is in breach of any of the National Club Championship rules of the National Club Championship, that Club may lodge a formal complaint with the Federation stating the details of the alleged offence, which complaint, to be valid, must be accompanied by a payment of €60 to cover the costs of the investigation into the complaint. If the complaint is upheld, the fee will be returned and the offending Club will be liable for the costs of the investigation, in addition to any other penalty, which may be imposed. Any such complaint must be lodged prior to the commencement of judging. Once judging has begun, the organisers will not entertain any complaints.
4. Any Club in breach of the rules shall be subject to a penalty as determined by National Council.
5. It is incumbent on all participating Clubs to ensure that they have adhered to the rules of the competition and all rules shall be enforced on the basis that all competing Clubs and Club members have taken full cognisance of the rules.