The Irish Photographic Federation in association with Canon will host the National Club Finals 2023 on Sat 20th & Sun 21st of May 2023 in Áras An Chontae, Mount St, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.
Please see below the information and link on how to register your club’s interest in the event. Following the completion of registration and the fee paid to take part you will receive further information. On a separate note, your club will need to forward a PDF / JPEG of the layout of both your club’s colour and monochrome panels to the coordinator.
Entry form – Nation Club Championship entry form
More Information – Club championships
Irish Photographic Federation
National Club Championships.
Rules, terms and conditions
1. The National Club Championship is an inter-club competition open to all clubs in good standing with the Federation.
2. All clubs affiliated to the Federation are eligible to enter, i.e. there are no regional qualifying competitions.
2. Conditions of Entry
1. To compete, a club submits a panel of 10 monochrome Prints and a panel of 10 colour Prints at the event in Mullingar on the weekend of May 20th & 21st. . Clubs may also include two additional images per panel to act as substitutes for disqualified images.
2. The overall award (Sean Casey Memorial Trophy) will be awarded to the club with the highest combined monochrome and colour panel scores. Clubs that choose to enter only one panel will not be eligible to win the overall award.
3. All photographs shown on a panel must be the work of registered members of the competing club.
4. A person may not represent more than one club in the IPF, or in NIPA, in any one year.
5. A maximum of two images from an individual may appear on a panel.
6. All images used in the competition shall be the original work of the author. Where the Federation requests proof of authorship that proof shall be provided without delay.
7. Images used in a previous National Club Championship are not eligible.
8. Scoring in the competition shall be on the basis of the official score sheet. Each judge will score independently. Results shall be based on the aggregate scores given by all judges to each competing panel.
9. The judges’ decision shall be final.
3. Submission of Entries
a. Please click on the following link to register to enter the competition : https://irishphoto.wufoo.com/forms/z1622chc0jn79zd/
b. On receipt of the completed Entry Form and payment, the club will receive an email from the Co-ordinator confirming entry.
c. There will be an entry fee of €90.00 per club.
d. Payment will form part of the online Entry Form process and can be by PayPal or Bank Transfer. The IPF IBAN will be included in the acknowledgement email, which will follow the completion of the Entry Form.
e. All payments by Bank Transfer should use your Club Name as the reference.
f. Images for layout projected panels should be resized to 1600 pixels on longest edge, 300 PPI, jpg quality 10.
g. The IPF reserves the right to publish any image entered in the National Club Championships, with due acknowledgement and without payment of a fee, for the purposes of promoting the event and the IPF. This includes, but is not limited to, use on the IPF website. The copyright of all such images remains with their respective authors.
h. Closing date for entries is Midnight Friday 5th May 2023.
The Conduct of the National Club Championship
1. The National Club Championship shall take place under the supervision of the Event Coordinator, and other officials appointed by the National Council, and who shall act as the Official Referee.
2. Judges appointed by the National Council shall adjudicate the National Club Championship.
The judges for this years Club Championships are Sue O’Connell FIPF EFIAP/d2 ARPS DPAGB BPE5* , Armando Jongejon FRPS, Peter Brisley ARPS
3. The judges’ decision is final and no discussion of that decision shall be entered into.
4. It is not permissible to publicly dispute the judges’ decision or comment at any time during the National Club Championship, up to and including the award ceremony. Breach of this rule by a member of a club may lead to disqualification of that club’s entry.
5. The results of the National Club Championship will be announced on Sunday afternoon May 21st 2023.
6. Entry into the competition shall be deemed to be acceptance of the rules of the competition.
7. All entries must conform to the current specification as defined by FIAP in each category.
1. The IPF reserves the right to publish any image entered in the National Club Championship, without payment of a fee. Copyright of all images remains with the respective authors.
2. The National Council’s decision in all matters relating to the National Club Championship shall be final.
3. Where any Club considers that a person or Club is in breach of any of the National Club Championship rules of the National Club Championship, that Club may lodge a formal complaint with the Federation stating the details of the alleged offence, which complaint, to be valid, must be accompanied by a payment of €60 to cover the costs of the investigation into the complaint. If the complaint is upheld, the fee will be returned and the offending Club will be liable for the costs of the investigation, in addition to any other penalty, which may be imposed. Any such complaint must be lodged prior to the commencement of judging. Once judging has begun, the organisers will not entertain any complaints.
4. Any Club in breach of the rules shall be subject to a penalty as determined by National Council.
5. It is incumbent on all participating Clubs to ensure that they have adhered to the rules of the competition and all rules shall be enforced on the basis that all competing Clubs and Club members have taken full cognisance of the rules.
Leave a Reply