Following the recent announcement by the IPF that local requirements for FIAP Distinction applications will be necessary for those applying from 2014 and onwards we wish to advise prospective applicants of the following:
- All applicants will be required to secure a total of 4 acceptances at specified Irish events.
- The approved events are:
- The IPF National Print and Projected Image Finals. Images must score in the upper 35% percentile to be counted. This qualifying score is based on the overall scoring at the event and is announced immediately after the event. The IPF will publish a list of accepted materials. Applicants will have an opportunity to enter up to 18 images each year.
- The Tallaght International Salon – any acceptance.
- The An Oige open annual competition – any acceptance in the open section only.
- The closing date for FIAP Distinction Applications will be moved to the end of March from 2014 to facilitate the above.
- All of the above IPF approved events will forward acceptance results to the IPF for verification of applications.
We wish to thank all those that made contributions to the process.
Leave a Reply