The photographers of Ireland via the Irish Photographic Federation have once again excelled on the world stage with a third place finish in the 26th FIAP Colour Print Biennial held in England recently. Congratulations to all the photographers who had images selected. Our selectors, led by Denis Whelehan, had a very tough job this year selecting the final entry from a very high standard of images.
In addition to a great overall result, we are delighted to congratulate Gabriel O’Shaughnessy from Dundalk Photographic Society who was awarded a FIAP gold medal for the best overall image in this competition. This is another fantastic achievement for Gabriel and we are very happy to see him on top of the world!
Brendan Tumilty, also from Dundalk Photographic Society, was awarded with a FIAP bronze medal and Ross McKelvey from Creative Photo Imaging Club received a Welsh Federation gold medal (judge’s choice medal of judge Herbert Gmeiner).
The Irish set of images are shown below. Please join with us in congratulating all involved.
- Calla Lily, Vladimir Morozov, Wexford Camera Club
- Girl With Vase, Barry McGreevey, Mid Louth Camera Club
- Grey Hat, Ross McKelvey, Creative Photo Imaging Club ** Welsh Federation Gold Medal (judge’s choice) **
- Hard Times, Hugh Wilkinson, Creative Photo Imaging Club
- IBB’s, Gabriel O’Shaughnessy, Dundalk Photographic Society **FIAP Gold Medal**
- Model No 2, Seamue Costelloe, Kilkenny Photographic Society
- Raphaella, Paul Reidy, Blarney Photography Club
- The Red Hat, Freddie McArdle, An Tain Camera Club
- Tony, Vadim Lee, Drogheda Photography Photographic Club
- Who Is Next, Brendan Tumilty, Dundalk Photographic Society **FIAP Bronze Medal**
Congratulations to Argentina who won the competition. Full results available to view on FIAP website.