We are delighted to announce that we are now open for entries for the 2016/2017 IPF Nature Photographer of the Year Competition. The closing date for entry to this competition for all photographers in all regions is midnight at the end of December 12th. We hope that you are all working hard to select and process your images and urge you to complete your entry well in advance of the deadline.
Please pay particular attention to the following major announcements regarding this competition –
• The closing date for entries (all regions) is December 12th
• The competition is open to all individual photographers who are paid up members of currently affiliated photographic clubs or societies
• Please take note of the mandatory labeling system for all print entries. These labels will be colour coded as per your region and available from IPF website
• When entering the competition, pay careful attention to the definitions of Advanced and Non Advanced entry criteria. Entry into the incorrect category can cause administrative mayhem!
• A digital copy of ALL entries including prints must be uploaded at the time of online entry. Entry fee must be paid at time of entry.
The updated rules for this season are available to download below and we are ready to accept entries from now until midnight (at the end of the day) on December 12th. To enter, all you need to do is hit the giant button below which will take you to the online entry form!
. . .
. . .
. . .
For the 2016/2017 season, the sections in full are below. For full definition of themes, please go to themes page and refer to the rules. The first four sections below are run under the FIAP nature definition while ‘The Natural World’ is defined within our competition rules document.
- Print – Open
- Print – Theme – Flora and Fungi
- Projected Image – Open
- Projected Image – Theme – Irish wild birds and wildlife
- Projected Image – Open – The Natural World
Entry fee structure listed below:
- One Section: €15
- Two Sections: €20
- Three Sections: €25
- Four or more Sections: €30
The regional qualifying take place in January. The judging of the regional rounds take place on the dates listed below and will be added to our event calendar shortly. We are looking forward to another great year of imagery and encourage all our photographers to take the opportunity to compete.
|DSLR||Jan 21st 2017||Palmerstown Community Centre||Dec 12th 2016|
|Mid West||Jan 28th 2017||Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone||Dec 12th 2016|
|North East||Jan 21st 2017||St Brigid's Hall, Dunleer||Dec 12th 2016|
|SACC||Jan 22nd 2017||Cabragh Wetlands Centre, Thurles||Dec 12th 2016|