IPF Photographer of the Year Competition 2016/2017 – Open for Entries!
We are delighted to welcome Bermingham Cameras as our sponsor for the 2016/2017 IPF Photographer of the Year Competition and look forward to sharing news from them this year. With the closing date for entries fast approaching (November 15th), we hope that you are all working hard to finalize your images. For more information about this competition, please refer to the information page for it available on this link.
Please pay particular attention to the following major announcements regarding this year’s competition –
• The closing date for entries (all regions) is November 15th. In the interest of fairness to all competitors in all regions and to help reduce the administrative workload of our volunteers, we now have one single entry period, regardless of your region. The regional qualifying rounds take place as normal over winter, but you must complete your entry by November 15th 2016.
• The competition is open to all individual photographers who are paid up members of currently affiliated photographic clubs or societies.
• Please take note of the mandatory labeling system for all print entries. These labels will be colour coded and can be downloaded below.
• When entering the competition, pay careful attention to the definitions of Advanced and Non Advanced entry criteria. Entry into the incorrect category can lead to disqualification.
• A digital copy of ALL entries including prints must be uploaded at the time of online entry.
The updated rules for this season are available to download below and we are ready to accept entries from now until midnight on November 15th. To enter, all you need to do is hit the giant button below which will take you to the online entry form!
. . .
. . .
. . .
For the 2016/2017 season, the sections in full are below. For full definition of themes, please go to themes page.
- Colour Print – Open
- Colour Print – Theme – Creative/Experimental Photography
- Monochrome Print – Open
- Monochrome Print – Theme – Environmental Portraiture
- Projected Image – Open
- Projected Image – Theme – The Human Face and Body
Entry fee structure listed below:
- One Section: €15
- Two Sections: €20
- Three Sections: €25
- Four or more Sections: €30
The first of the regional qualifying rounds start at the end of November with the SACC region and run through to the end of January. The judging of the regional rounds take place on the dates listed below and will be added to our event calendar shortly. We are looking forward to another great year of imagery and encourage all our photographers to take the opportunity to compete.
For those looking forward to the Nature Competition, we’ll be opening it in a week’s time. Please note that the closing date for the Nature Competition has been extended until December 12th.
|DSLR||Jan 21st 2017||Palmerstown Community Centre||Nov 15th 2016|
|Mid West||Jan 28th 2017||Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone||Nov 15th 2016|
|North East||Jan 14th 2017||McGeoughs Pub, Roden Place, Dundalk||Nov 15th 2016|
|SACC||Nov 20th 2016||Horse & Jockey Hotel||Nov 15th 2016|
About our Sponsor – Bermingham Cameras
Bermingham Cameras is an Irish company set up in 1968 by Paddy Bermingham, the original owner. Now the store is owned by Brian Whelan, who has worked in the store since 1968, and we are a family run business. They have a huge range of photographic equipment stock in both new and used equipment, and have been awarded the statuses of:
- Nikon Professional Dealer
- Canon Imaging Partner
- Fuji X-Series Specialist
- Pansonic Lumix Imaging Specialist
- Sony Imaging Specialist
Them pride ourselves on their technical knowledge and after sales service and welcome photographers of all levels. They run regular training events and talks for their customers and also exhibit at various tradeshows throughout the year. They support camera clubs and the IPF in various different ways including sponsorship and camera club events.
If you are not based close to them, their website carries the full inventory of their stock and they also have a very active social media presence with the latest news and updates from their store.
If there is anything they can help you with, please do not hesitate to call into the store, email, call or contact them whichever way is convenient for you!